Empowering people in your team to step up and grow allows you to focus on the activities that fully leverage your expertise and it strengthens employee engagement. Companies who invest in coaching their leaders, managers and employees enjoy a 7x return on their ROI.
When leaders master the art of coaching effectively the benefits for the individuals include:
- The ability to establish and take action towards achieving goals
- Become more self-reliant and feel comfortable working in an autonomous environment
- Gain more job and life satisfaction
- Contribute more effectively to the team and the organisation
- Take greater responsibility and accountability for actions and commitments
- Work more easily and productively with others (boss, direct reports, peers)
- Communicate more effectively
The organisation benefits by seeing an improvement in performance for the individual; increase in confidence and motivation for the individual and re-engagement with their role and career.
But coaching is a skill, not everyone can do it and it takes time. If you don’t know how to coach or you are worried about the time it will take, then you should explore options and methods first before diving headlong into a coaching relationship. You are there to add value to the Coachee, you don’t need all the answers you just need the time and you need the ability to ask the right questions and LISTEN.
Sounds easy? It’s not.
At New Voice we spend time coaching managers but also training them how to coach. Having close to 20 years experience in this field, we have seen the mistakes managers make, the excuses as to why they don’t coach, the confusion around what coaching is and we have a programme that answers those questions and more and builds this essential skill set in a easy to apply way.
At the end of the programme the Participants will:
- Be able to define coaching
- Have the ability to recognise different opportunities to coach and how to respond effectively
- Appreciate the importance of listening and questioning in the GROW coaching conversation
- Learn the Peer Coaching process
- Practice and apply Coaching and Peer coaching
This interactive day is built around facilitator inputs, plenary discussions, group work, individual practice and reflective exercises. Skill-building, experimental and participant-centric learning methodologies re utilised throughout the workshop. Participants will have ample opportunity to explore the content from various angles in order to plan and create their personal and professional goals.
Email Sarah to find out when the next open workshop is running or if you would like to run this as an in-house programme.
REMEMBER: You can claim the investment you make in this external training under the Productivity and Innovation Credit (PIC) Scheme. This scheme awards you a 400% tax deduction and / or cash payout at 60% on up to $100,000 spent. These cash payouts can be claimed on a quarterly basis. For more information go to: http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Picredit.aspx